Join the team behind the big idea.
The Noun Project is a highly collaborative place where the world's visual language is shared and created. We are used and loved by a huge community of designers, creatives, educators, Fortune 500 companies as well as great organizations like Wikipedia, The New York Times, and the United Nations. There’s a lot of great work to be done in simplifying and organizing visual communication, and to realize it, we’re looking for talented people to join our crew.
Our mission is to create, share and celebrate the world’s visual language. Humans have been using symbols to communicate for over 17,000 years because symbols have the power to transcend cultural and language boundaries - they are the one language everyone can understand. For the first time ever, this language is being combined with technology to create a social language that unites the world.
Senior Interactive Designer
Noun Project is seeking an experienced Senior Interactive Designer in the Los Angeles area to deliver amazing web-based and Mac OS X experiences for its users. To succeed in this role, you will need to draw on your design experience, technical knowledge, as well as organizational and problem solving skills.
What we’re looking for:
You are a designer with a keen eye for visual design. You are obsessed with typography, grid systems and you believe that form follows function; swiss design is your prefered aesthetic. You will anticipate what our users need, advocate for them and ensure that the final product surprises and delights them.
You know how to balance creativity with structure, and thrive in collaborative environments working seamlessly with designers, developers and the business team. Lastly, you believe that communication should be simplified with iconography.
Leadership & Organization
- Ability to effectively lead a small team to create better, more forward-thinking work
- Ability to interpret high-level strategy and apply it to the task at hand
- Highly developed organizational and time-management skills including the ability to plan team’s workflow, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- You should be excited to work with both designers and developers to envision, rapidly prototype and iterate on different concepts
- Respect for others, kindness, and a positive attitude are core to our team. Everyone is responsible for contributing new ideas and being open to other’s input
- Clearly communicate research findings, conceptual ideas and detailed design rationale both verbally and visually
- Ability to provide others on the team with succinct and on-point feedback
- Mastery of typography and composition
- A sharp eye for detail
- You will lead user experience groups, information architecture, and interaction design to create great experiences based on user empathy
- 5+ years working as a visual designer creating interface design in web, mobile-web, and Mac OS X app experiences
- Must have an excellent online portfolio showcasing user experience and visual design work for desktop and touch devices
- Highly skilled in Illustrator, Photoshop, Keynote (Other design tools - Sketch and Invision)
- Ability to code in HTML/CSS a plus
- Icon design a plus
A passion for Noun Project’s mission and product a must.
When you apply for this position, make sure to send your resume and a link to your personal site or portfolio. Designers without a website or web portfolio need not apply.Apply Now
Django / Python Developer
You're a developer with several projects under your belt. You understand how to validate user input and optimize queries to make fewer database calls. You’re also familiar with making requests to REST-ish APIs.
- Developing user facing features with Django
- Working directly with designers and front-end developers
- Market salary
- Generous benefits
- Valuable equity
- Creative work environment
- Ability to really affect a product
- We're small. We all share our ideas. We all collaborate.
When you apply for this position, make sure to send your resume and a link to your personal site or portfolio. Developers without a website or web portfolio need not apply.Apply Now